Saturday, January 30, 2016

13 HOURS: THE SECRET SOLDIERS OF BENGHAZI REVIEW



Michael Bay has been a disappointment to me in many ways. He has stock shots he uses over and over again, and he can take a perfectly good idea, like a movie on Pearl Harbor, then dump a stupid romance in it and ruin it. In fact, "Transformers 4," was my worst film of 2014. But when I heard about, "13 Hours, the secret soldiers of Benghazi" I was intrigued. It was getting good reviews, and people weren't hating it. So I steeled myself, and went on to see it. And I was pleasantly surprised.



"13 Hours," stars John Krasinski and James Badge Dale, and tells the story of the taking of the American embassy in Benghazi, and the eventual death of its ambassador. 6 soldiers went to help rescue the embassy and its workers. It was a battle that lasted 13 hours, and ended with 4 dead,

The good news is, this is Bays best film in a long time. I only had a few issues. Bay likes to do stock shots. So as in Pearl Harbor, there is a scene of a mortar from the mortars point of view, as it sails through the sky, and then blows up a building. There is also a scene after the fight with an American flag floating in water. That's annoying. And one of the battle scenes seems to go on a little too long. Other than that. The performances are great, the action is some what good, and the story is decent, if not a sad one. These men fought when they did not have too.  Its a great tribute to the men who fought in this battle.


                                                                THE VERDICT
13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers Of Benghazi may not be great but has good performances and a amazing tribute  and a intense interesting story from start to finish. I give it a B.

No comments:

Post a Comment