Sunday, June 28, 2015

SPY REVIEW



Look out world! Here comes Melissa Mccarthy again! Now I wont lie, I thought this movie spy was going to suck. I didn't like the trailer, and while I enjoyed The Heat, and Bridesmaids, I dont think they are hilarious. But whats it about? The story is below....







"Spy," is about a CIA Analyst named Susan Cooper, who after the death of the agent she handles, is sent into the field to recover the nuclear bomb he was killed over. She turns out to be the perfect and only choice as all the the top agents have been exposed. Staring along with McCarthy is Jason Statham, Jude Law, Alison Janney, Miranda Heart, Peter Serafinowicz, Rose Byrne, and Bobby Canavale. 

This is by far the biggest surprise of the year. Not only is Spy funny, but its got amazing action and its clever with a capital C. I never felt like it twas trying too hard. Janney, playing the head of the CIA commands the screen and offers good straight man jokes. I also totally bought her being the head of the CIA. Statham is doing a spoof of himself, and McCarthy plays off him brilliantly. She gets to kick butt, and look like a real agent through most of the film, and in the end, it becomes a story about not doubting yourself. They Action scenes are so good, they put them in slow mo sometimes and it makes it even cooler, and funnier. There were a few little things that didn't work, but I found myself not giving a darn at all. 




THE VERDICT
"Spy," is not only a huge surprise,  it's hilarious, clever, and has some great action. Its James Bond mixed with "The Incredibles." I give "Spy," an A. 

No comments:

Post a Comment