Wednesday, December 23, 2015

THE NIGHT BEFORE REVIEW



Another Christmas comedy is here! "The Night Before," starring Seth Rogen, Joseph Gordon Levitt, and Anthony Mackie. Which is a recipe for laughs all around. And since I love Mackie, and since I rated Rogen and Levitts last film together "50/50," one of the best I'd seen, I knew this had the potential of being terrific. 




"The Night Before," tells the story of Ethan(Levitt), who becomes an orphan on Christmas day 2001. To cheer him up, his friends Isaac and Chris(Rogen and Mackie.) start a tradition of taking him to Christmas parties all night, and they make this their tradition for the next 14 years. Yet they reach their 14th year, with Ethan Marrying, Isaac about to have a baby, and Chris a successful NFL player, and they know, this one must be their last. Fate plays a hand in Ethan getting his hands on three tickets to the ultimate Christmas party. Lost of things happen along the way as they get there.... each thing more outrageous then the next.

I gotta be honest I loved it. Its not that its just super funny, its really heartfelt. It tells you what Christmas is all about. Its story being that friends can be family. And that we should never forget that is one I think we could all use about now.  My only complaint is Tracey Morgan is the narrator and while he's terrific... I don't think it adds to the story. Other than that, if you like fun "R" rated Christmas comedy I highly suggest you see this.



                                                              THE VERDICT
"The Night Before," may seem generic and predictable at first, but its a really funny, heartfelt comedy that I absolutely loved. I give "The Night Before," an A.

No comments:

Post a Comment