Sunday, October 5, 2014

GONE GIRL REVIEW


Gone Girl stars Ben Affleck, Rosamund Pike, Tyler Perry, Niel Patrick Harris, Kim Dickens, Patrick Fugit, and Carie Coone. Its directed by David Fincher, and written by Gillian Flynn, Who wrote the  novel. (Which is one of my favorite books.) When I saw they were making a movie, and saw the eventual trailer, I was so excited.  Heres the story.






Gone Girl is about how a man named Nick Dunne ( Affleck) is  framed for the dissaperance of his wife Amy. (Pike) Along the way the film talks about what Nick, his sister Margo (Coone) and his lawyer, ( Perry) must do to save Nick from prison. In the film we see flashbacks told from Amy's point of view, while the present is told from Nicks.  Now let me just say,  "Gone Girl" is in my top 10 this year. It is so far the best movie of the year. Affleck, Pike, and Perry are all excellent in the film. Finchers direction is amazing, full of color and crazy camera set ups. The rest of the actors are good as well.  It is a clever worded script, by Flynn, which is set with great music. I think this is a definate Oscar contender. I was never bored and this film runs at two and a half hours! Its a film, that you can see, even if you haven't read the novel.  I love this film so much, I highly recomend it to everyone.





THE VERDICT
Gone Girl has amazing performances, superb directing, and has a smart script . I give "Gone Girl," an A. 



No comments:

Post a Comment