Sunday, May 31, 2015

TOMORROWLAND REVIEW


Ahh originality... how hard it is to come by these days. Its always sequel, prequel, spin off, or repeat the same plot again. Now when I saw the trailer to Tomorrowland and saw Brad Bird was writing and directing it ( This is a man, who has yet to write or direct a bad film.) I was curious. Why didn't the trailer explain more of the plot? I wondered whether there was something to hide about the film. But I am a big fan of Clooney, and Bird, so I gave it a chance. Here's a bit of the plot for you.




"Tomorrowland," is the story of a girl (Britt Robinson) who comes across a pin that enables her to go to another universe by touching it. On her voyage to discover what its all about, she meets a inventor (Clooney) who helps her on the adventure. And that's all I'm going to say. Now, I like this movie, but its a bit of a let down. A let down because its slow to get started. The films first act is slow, very slow. With a  main character that  is not likable until the end of the movie.  And when you figure out the true motivation of the Villain in the third act of the film, and the message they are trying to hit you with.... it just seems unbelievable. Now what I liked was the originality, the way the visuals were, and the acting. I especially appreciated the questions of where we will be in the future.  How advanced will we be?  So even though I had some complaints, over all I was entertained. 





THE VERDICT
While "Tomorrowland," has trouble in it's transitions, its originality, visuals,  and acting keep me interested. I give Tomorrowland a B-. 

No comments:

Post a Comment